Friday, September 11, 2009

My Take On City of Glass by Cassandra Clare


 To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?

 I forgot to include this one in my Weekely Roundup, oops! I was so excited when I finally got my hands on it, though! A friend was nice enough to grab it for me from the library because it's always checked out. Thanks, SWSNBNOTB1!
 This was the perfect end to the series2. By about chapter eight, I was practically doing cartwheels, I was so pleased. The writing was the best of the three books in my opinion, or maybe it was just becuase I'd finally gotten the narrator's voice out of my head3.
 The plot was a little predictable at times, but nothing too out of the ordinary for the last book in a series (of events), and the ending did peter out the tiniest bit, but I'm not gonna complain about that because this was still an amazing book. Clare did a terrific job of tying eveything together and leaving no loose ends. I applaud her literary prowess! This was an excellent series of books with vivid story telling and a great world. I'd group it with the likes of Harry Potter, and I don't toss things like that around lightly, mind you.
 I give City of Glass...
...Five Zombies.
The perfect ending to the Mortal Instruments  trilogy. I can't wait to read the further adventures of the Shadow Hunters in The Infernal Devices.
Happy Reading,
Zombie Girrrl
footnotes____________________________________________________
1.  She Who Will Not Be Named On This Blog
2.  Although there will be a fourth book, I consider this the end of the story because the next one is about Simon and not the Mortal Instruments.
3.  My first experience of City of Bones was as an audio book, and I couldn't get her voice out of my head!
4.   I must insist that you click this link for further details, I gaurantee you won't regret it. Two words: steam punk. ;}

6 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

I swear, this is as perfect as it gets!!

Sandy said...

yay! I can't wait to get my hands on this either...

xD! your SWSNBNOTB is a good friend :)

you remember that contest you told me about for Dust of 100 Dogs? Did you know that I won? o.O!

vvb32 reads said...

yay, glad to hear a good review on this one. i still have to read this...

Sandy said...

So if I rub your head, I'll get some of that luckiness? xD you're my little trinket ;)

oooh, pirate week... I'm gonna go check it out! xD

Zombie Girrrl said...

Too true. It was the best one. I probably do this too much, but this calls for another Happy Dance. *Happy-Dance-Happy-Dance-Happy-Dance* Okay, I'm done now.

Alyssa Kirk said...

I looooved the first two in the series and am waiting on the library to get me this one. So glad to hear I won't be disappointed!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Blank Spaces Have Great Potential...