Saturday, February 12, 2011

M.A.D. Challenge #... Whatever Number This Is

This week's M.A.D. Challenge was inspired by a bit of a scandal that has been circulating the blogosphere concerning a self-published author, a poor review of her work, and a lengthy post which called non-provessional reviewers "trashy" and "ignorant", among other, less savory things.
You'll notice that there are no links on this post and there is a very good reason for that: her bitterness makes me sad and I don't want to fuel the fire that she started and possibly turn people off her books because of the way she views her readers. I couldn't, however, pass up such a primo song!

Without further ado, I invite you now to press Play and read along as we imagine none other than crooner, Nat "King" Cole, serenading us with that old standard...
Irretrievable
by Nat "King" Cole

Irretrievable, that's what posts are
Irretrievable, spread near and far
Like the bitterness which clings to thee
Tactless posts hurt sales, you soon shall see
Never before has something been more

Irretrievable in every way
And forever more, online it'll stay
Copied, pasted, blogged, and Tweeted
Your rant cannot be deleted
It really wasn't that bad of a review
...

Irretrievable in every way
And forever more, online it'll stay
That's why, darling, it's incredible
That a post so very regrettable
Was inspired by a legitimate review
I hope you enjoyed that little classic and that you'll join me again next week.
This is
Zombie Girrrl

4 comments:

Orchid said...

So true. Love the post by the way. ^_^

Ann Summerville said...

Good post.
I have found, in reading book review blogs,that reviewers tend to be courteous and kind. Even if it's a book they are not overly excited about they simply state why and then go on to other points. I'm very impressed with blog reviews. Good or bad, a review is one person's opinion.
Ann

Zombie Girrrl said...

Thanks for your thoughts, Ann. I agree; I can't think of a single review or reviewer that has blatantly and maliciously bashed an author or their book. It doesn't happen very often, but when I find a book I don't like I say in my review that it wasn't for me then explain why. And usually I can find at least one quality that I did like.

vvb32 reads said...

good one, so true ;-D

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Blank Spaces Have Great Potential...