- I'm working on a new song for a M.A.D. Challenge which pertains to a current blogosphere scandal which I shall not be naming or linking to as I don't wish to actively destroy a career or sully an industry that I like so much. See if you can figure out what it is when it drops on Saturday!
- Also preparing for a retreat on Sunday. The Confirmation class I help teach is going to be at it from 12 to 8, myself without a single drop of coffee (can't handle that much caffeine). Wish me luck as this is the first retreat I'll ever have gone to and I don't really know what to expect. What I do know is that it's being graciously hosted by someone with a lot more experienced than me. Thank you, God! They told us that all we have to do is show up and that I should bring a book because it'll be a long day. Now I just need to decide what to read...
- I'm currently reading the first book in my 6 Degrees Challenge, Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve. So far it's a fairly fabulous trip into a realistic-ish future that pays homage to the present we live in. Reeve has fit in a lot of skewed references to things we experience and take for granted, and it's hilarious! For instance, there's a character who hunts down mutants and called the Scriven, and when he's on a trail, they call it "a'goolin'", as in, "I was a'googlin' for a good deal on a used car." The story isn't as funny as the glimpses of what will be, though; it's more of a fantasy-steampunk-mystery type thing, and I'm lovingevery minute of it. So original!
- I'm going to a big library sale tomorrow with my sisters Orchid and Ren. We went once last year and we are hooked! The deal is thus: one paper grocery-bag of books for $5!!! I got 13 titles last year including Jay Asher's 13 Reasons Why, which is being made into a movie that I won' see. Two reasons for that: A) I don't really want to watch this story, it just seems like a better thing for me to read than watch; B) Selena Gomez as Hanah Baker? Really? Yeah, I don't see it. I'd love to listen to the audio book, though, because it almost seems more fitting to listen to this story than to read it, even.
- I am finally on Face Book! Yes, I, ZG (though not as ZG), have conceded to the modernity that is social networking. I've made an account, I've "liked" all my favorite books, I've "friended" my family members, now all I have to do is add a profile pic and, oh yeah, figure out what I'm supposed to do on there! I logged on this morning and just stared at the screen, wondering why exactly this seemed so vital 48 hours ago. I'll let you know if the answer comes to me.
Friday, February 11, 2011
I had fun doing this last week, so I figured I'd give it another go!