- Today is the big day! The Breathless Reads tour is in town and I. Am. Going! If you're going, I will see you there! I'll have ribbon on my wrist, as will a number of other bloggers who will be attending. As for the signing, I have no idea what I'm going to get. I had been planning on getting Across the Universe, but after reading an excellent and detailed content rating at Reading Teen's sister site, Parental Book Reviews, I have decided that, due to content, this book is, sadly, not for me. T_T Now I think I'll be getting The Replacements. Maybe. Not sure. Argh! I'll let you know.
- My CSN contest ends on March 10, so hurry up and enter if you haven't already! Ren of All By MySHELF is also hosting a CSN giveaway which opened today and ends March 15. We're giving away $35 each, so enter both and if luck is on your side, you could get $70! Put that toward the bigger bookcase you know you need.
- Currently listening to: Percussion Gun by White Rabbit, New Low by Middle Class Rut, and Arise by Flyleaf. But mostly I'm watching Tobuscus dance.
- I tried vlogging an IMM last week, and it was awesome, but I can't get it to upload. It was a lot of fun, especially since my sister was sitting across the table laughing at me the whole time, so I will definitely have to figure out how to upload videos for future vlogs.
- On a sadder note, I'm sure y'all've heard the news of Lisa Wolfsan's, aka L.K. Madigan, passing yesterday. I'd just finished, and I mean just finished, reading The Mermaid's Mirror when I heard the news. It really put the whole book in a new perspective--all books, really. The written word is the legacy that some people leave behind. Not the only one, and certainly not the most important, but perhaps the most tangible. And it makes me wonder: if people kept that in mind, would they write the same thing? Would they still tell the same stories?