Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Awards!

Another batch of awards to accept and pass on! Most of these are totally new to me, so I'm super excited about them!


Thanks go out to Eli of The Tainted Poet for passing this award on to my humble blog1!

Great Look Award:
This award is meant to pat on the back the ones paying particular attention to their blog presentation, and God knows some of them look awesome! Of course none of them are pretty, empty shells, so there's no shame to mention how nice their blogs are!


Here are the rules:
1. Post the award on your blog, with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 5 other blogs that you particularly like. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I thought this one would be hard to pass along, but there are definitely some gorgeous blogs that stand out in my mind, so picking winners for this award was cake!

1. Park Avenue Princess2
2. Sarah's {random} Musings
3. Pirate Penguin
4. Haunting Orchid
5. The Tainted Poet (Yes, I'm regifting, but she deserves it!)


Honest Scrap3 Award:

This is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers, and then list 10 honest things about myself. Here are those deserving of this honor; bloggers who write from the heart and touch me because of it!

Kudos to Velvet of vvb32 reads for this A.W.E.S.O.M.E. award! Usually, I don't take no scrap from nobody, but I'm more than willing to make an exception for this!

Winners:
1. Dahlia
2. Titania86
3. Orchid
4. Taschima
5. Misty
6. Reading Rocks
7. The Epic Rat
8. Park Avenue Princess
9. Bites
10. The Story Siren

Ten Honest Things About the Intriguing, Fantastic and Ever-Humble Zombie Girrrl:
1.  I'm Catholic.
2.  I've been everywhere in this here land (except the middle part).
3.  I first got hooked on zombies last spring after reading World War Z by Max Brooks from the library.
4.  My favorite food is roasted vegetables.
5.  I don't follow trends.
6.  I believe that you make your own happiness, and also your own misery.
7.  The only things that I get nestalgic about are books and music.
8.  My favorite book when I was little was Hop On Pop by Dr. Suess.
9.  I can raise my left eyebrow independantly.
10. Fall is my favorite season because it smells the nicest.


Dragon's Loyalty4 Award:
  Thanks to both Eleni and Velvet for passing this one along! I love y'all's blogs!

This award is for those followers who are the most loyal and give bloggers joy by commenting regularly and with their support. Pass it on to 3 to 7 followers who are as loyal as dragons.

Winners:
1. Velvet
4. Dahlia
7. Orchid
8. Eli

The Splash Award:
This is the Splash Award, it is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs.





Thanks to Taschima for giving me this splashy little mermaid5! Her blog is all of the above!
Rules:
Put the logo on your blog/post
Nominate & link up to 9 blogs that you pick for this award
Let them know that they have been splashed
Remember to link the person that nominated and awarded you.

I've gotten this one before, but I've found a lot of new blogs since then, so I'll pass them one on to 5 blogs insted of 9.

Winners:
1. vvb32 reads
2. Fishmuffins of Doom
3. Park Avenue Princess
4. Tainted Poet
5. The Story Siren


  Whoo! That's the last of 'em! Thanks to everyone who thought my blog was worth the time and recognition! You make me smile! And ya'll better visit all those links because it took me forever to do them all!!!
Zombie Girrrl

footnotes____________________________________________
1  I was in the middle of my redesign when I got this one, so I guess I was being patted on the back for effort more than execusion. ;)
Note: Park Avenue Princess is having a fantastic contest! You could win a $50 giftcard to Lizzy Bleu, a super cute Etsy jewelry artiste! Enter HERE!!!
3  Honest Scrap was an Ohio based chewing tobbaco company. Smokeless tobbaco is no safer than cigarettes; it is addictive can lead to mouth and throat cancer.
4  I've never thought of dragons as being very loyal, most of the ones I know are just plain greedy.
5  The real Little Mermaid actually ended with Ariel commiting hairy carry. Shocking, no? Personally, I never liked her. She had nice hair, though.

5 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

GIRL thanks! I love new awards!! *.*

Orchid said...

Thank you, ZG. I love the awards. :)

Lenore Appelhans said...

You need to get to the middle part - :)

vvb32 reads said...

congrats! and thanks mucho for awarding me ;-D
your honest scrap was interesting - raising one eyebrow independently is so awesome. it comes in handy when posing wordless questions.

LOL - Ariel! scandalous! your notes always crack me up

for a loyal dragon, you've got to read Dragon's Blood by Jane Yolen

on a serious note - the honest scrap note was an eye-opener

Zombie Girrrl said...

I aim to educate.
You derserve them, V!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Blank Spaces Have Great Potential...