Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Take On: True Love

"The greater the feeling of responsibility for the person the more true love there is."
It's not very "romantic" and it sure doesn't inspire one to break into song, but there you have it. I just thought after my "little rant" in my review of the Song of the Lioness series I owed y'all a bit of an explanation as to my feelings on the subject. See, my definition of love is: willing (or desiring) the good of another person. It is completely unselfish and seeks only to give another person good. Alanna's relationships were basically selfish and that really bothered me since the series is aimed towards girls who are still trying to figure out what love really is. I think that authors need to try a little harder to live up to the responsibility of forming the minds and wills of young readers.
And that's my take.


No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Blank Spaces Have Great Potential...